Monday, June 27, 2011

Chapter 7

Moonlight grinned, ignoring the darkness and the two foxes that surrounded them. "Great!" she said cheerfully, feeling better than she had ever felt in the past three moons. "Right, let's stop talking now, we still have these foxes to defeat!"

As the two battled with the foxes, eyes gleaming with a new determination that neither of them had ever experienced before, they realized that being in the clan had truly changed them, and it was not for the better. The two met, pelt to pelt, and scratched the wits out of the other two creatures, and they turned to each other, grinning as the foxes fled. "We did it!" Sunshadow exclaimed. "Yup," Moonlight said, beaming proudly at her brother. "Thank you," she said, suddenly remembering to thank him. "For staying, I mean. You could have stayed with Lightpelt in the ruined camp, but you stayed with me. Thank you."

Sunshadow smiled. "Of course I stayed with you," he said. "You're my sister, and you're more important to  me than any other cat, I promise." Moonlight nudged her brother. "Of course I knew that," she said. "Now, how about finding a place to stay the night?"

No comments:

Post a Comment